Marcus Hilton MBE
CHAIRMAN of Adjudicators
9 x World Professional Ballroom Champion
7 x British Professional Ballroom Champion
8 x International Professional Ballroom and United Kingdom Professional Ballroom Champion
1997 appointed along with Karen Hilton as Members of the Order of the British Empire MBE
Compere / Master of Ceremonies
Master of ceremonies Presenter, and TV and Radio commentator
Master of Ceremonies for An Evening with Shirley Ballas tour 2021.
Co-Organiser choreographer and owner of Backlash Ballroom the stage show.
Co owner of Dance House of Norwich Ltd
Partner Miller Dance Centre Norwich. ( Est 1991)
Sound & Music
• Executive Event Organiser, Coordinator & Compere.
• Professional DJ & Sound Engineer.
• Musical Director for the British, Imperial & World Dance Championships.
• Certified BDC Championship Adjudicator, Chairperson & Scrutineer.
• World, European and UK Professional 10 Dance Finalist.
• United Kingdom 10 Dance Champion x 2
• British Professional Showdance Champion x 2
1989 – British Open and World Professional Ballroom Champions
1991 and 1993 – British Open Professional Ballroom Champions
1989, 1991 and 1992 – European Professional Ballroom Champions
Retired in 1994 at the Team Match in Blackpool.
2003 – British team captain, as part of the Open Ceremony of the British Team Match, Anne danced with Peter Eggleton and Karen Hilton danced with Bill Irvine in a ‘duel’
Red Button Commentary for the BBC Strictly Come Dancing Series
2011 – co-presenter of the first Freedom to Dance Open to the World Competitions
There are currently 27 countries, and 77 Ambassadors involved in Freedom to Dance International events Worldwide.
2016 – Returned with Partner John Wood to Demonstrate at the World Superstars Japan
2019 – Presented with the Imperial Highness Prince Makasa Award for Lifetime Achievement, presented by Her Imperial Royal Highness Princess Akiko of Makasa.
National, International and World Champion during his career from Juvenile to Professional
Karen Hilton MBE
16 times World Champion in her Amateur and Professional Career in Latin, 10 Dance, Ballroom and Showdance.
Michael Stylianos has been full time professional since 1965. With his wife Lorna he enjoyed a fruitful competitive career winning and successfully defended all major professional Latin American Championships
After their competitive retirement they continued to appear in cabaret and were much in demand worldwide. They have appeared in front of members of the Royal family on numerous occasions and in 1986 were the first and only Latin American dancers to appear at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas.
Internationally well known, Michael travels the world teaching, lecturing and adjudicating, He currently coaches the current day Champions and has been responsible for the training of many National, European and World Champions.
He has received awards for his teaching achievements from Slovenia, Greece, the USA and Finland, where he also received the freedom of the City of Oluo.
Michael also received a Carl Alan for the person to do the most for Ballroom Dancing. This was mainly due to his involvement and publicity with the British Ice-Skating Team. He contributed enormously towards the success of Jayne Torvill & Christopher Dean, introducing many of the Latin American movements onto the ice.
He holds triple Fellowship qualifications with the prestigious Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing and was elected as a Latin American Faculty official. In 1998 Michael was invited to sit on the Grand Council of the ISTD. He is Co Organiser of several International Championship events each year including the Coveted “Carl Alan Awards”
Michael is also Vice President of the European Dance Organisation.
• United Kingdom Closed Latin American Champions.
• British National South American Latin Showdance Champions.
• World South American Latin Showdance Championship Finalists.
• European Latin American Championship Finalists.
• World Latin American Masters Finalists.
• United Kingdom Rising Star Latin American Champions.
• International adjudicator encompassing World’s, British Open, International Open, UK Open, & British National.
• Director of JJ Dance Studios in Beckenham.
• Teaches internationally & at JJ Dance Studios in Beckenham.
• Undefeated British National Latin American Champions.
• European 10 Dance Champions.
• Finalists – World, International (3rd), British Open (3rd), UK Open, European, & all other major Championships in the world.
The ‘only’ Juvenile, Junior, Youth, Amateur, and Professional British Open Champion.
British, UK, International and World Latin Finalist. Now a world wide coach to many top Latin dancers in all categories from Juniors, Youth, Amateur and Professionals. International Junior Ballroom Champion, Major World Finalist for many years before retiring to concentrate on teaching the next generation of dancers to fulfil their dreams – “to do, to be and to guide”. I started training from the best taking all the advice and Information to further my dancing career as both dancer, coach and choreographer.